photo BlueBannerCropped.jpg

Monday, August 19, 2013

DIY: Tissue Roll Flower Mobile

If you know me, you would know that I'm a terrible terrible hoarder. I like to keep things 'just in case' I need them someday and sometimes I just like storing things because rediscovering my little collection gives me joy. Sounds pretty senseless but those who do hoard, you'll get my drill.

Over the past couple months, I've collected more than a dozen toilet paper rolls from around my home just in case I needed them for a DIY project someday .. and today is the day.

I've seen tons of Pinterest tutorials on re-purposing toilet paper rolls as wall decor but I wasn't very keen on covering my wall with any kinds of adhesive to keep the toilet paper rolls in place. Hence, I decided to make a little mobile that I could hang up instead.



//STEPS//
1. Get as many toilet paper rolls you can find and cut each roll into 3 equal parts.
2. Glue 5 of the 'petals' together to form a flower then glue in place. To help secure the 'petals' during the drying process, I used bobby pins. You could also use paper clips.
3. Find a long piece of drift wood or a branch of a tree that you would like to use for your mobile. I then tied some twine on the branch.
4. Poke a hole through the top of the individual flowers and insert the other loose end of the twine through the hole, then make a tight knot.
5. Continue making holes through the flowers and then tying some twine in between them so that they hang down neatly. 
6. Make a loop and tie some twine in the middle of your branch so that you could hang your little mobile neatly on a hook. You're done!

I'm in the process of finishing my mobile but you get the idea! You could also spray paint your flowers in different colours if you wish but I really like the way these look naturally.

Have fun and good luck! ;)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment